-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Alexey
Loubyansky
Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2003 10:43 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [JBoss-user] CMP2 and loadbalancing

In this case, to ensure the consistency of the data you have to lock the data in the database. It means using row-locking, i.e SELECT ... FOR UPDATE. To solve the scalability problem, you could consider a read-mostly pattern with 'Standard CMP 2.x EntityBean with cache invalidation' container.

Alwyn Schoeman wrote:

Hi,

My application environment is the following:
1) The same application is duplicated on multiple servers.
2) These servers are loadbalanced by hardware in front of the servers

which

basically round-robins between the servers.
3) All client requests via http are session- and stateless.
4) Each server has the same CMP2 beans as all the servers, referencing

data from

a single shared database.
5) The number of servers can be large.
6) No JBoss clustering is used, due to lack of knowledge and perhaps 5

above.

7) Some CMP2 beans will write/change data to the database.
8) The main table to which most other beans relate will have about 10-20

Million

records.

My questions are the following:

How do
1) ensure that data across all servers is correct and valid.
2) ensure that CMP2 works fast and efficient taking 1) into account.

Can you do 1) only by choosing a commit option that reads from database

every

time. If so, will performance suck?

Also, some people reckon that a way to get rid of the CMP2 problem is by

using

something like Toplink from Oracle. I guess it is similar to Hibernate.

I do not see how this will change anything. Any comments?

Kind regards,

------------------------------------------------------- This SF. Net email is sponsored by: GoToMyPC GoToMyPC is the fast, easy and secure way to access your computer from any Web browser or wireless device. Click here to Try it Free! https://www.gotomypc.com/tr/OSDN/AW/Q4_2003/t/g22lp?Target=mm/g22lp.tmpl _______________________________________________ JBoss-user mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jboss-user