Alwyn Schoeman wrote:
I'm not that familiar with CMP and JBoss yet.

Would that mean commit option B for the row-locking?

Yes.

From what I can learn on the web it seems that a read-mostly pattern is where
you have 2 copies of a bean, one read-only and the other read-write. It seems
that you need to write at a specific interval. Is this possible?

What do you mean by 'write'? UPDATEs occur at sync time following the spec. At these times, the caches of the corresponding read-only beans should be invalidated.