I'm not that familiar with CMP and JBoss yet.

Would that mean commit option B for the row-locking?

>From what I can learn on the web it seems that a read-mostly pattern is where
you have 2 copies of a bean, one read-only and the other read-write. It seems
that you need to write at a specific interval. Is this possible?

On Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 10:42:37PM +0800, Alexey Loubyansky wrote:
>    In this case, to ensure the consistency of the data you have to lock
>    the
>    data in the database. It means using row-locking, i.e SELECT ... FOR
>    UPDATE. To solve the scalability problem, you could consider a
>    read-mostly pattern with 'Standard CMP 2.x EntityBean with cache
>    invalidation' container.
>
>    Alwyn Schoeman wrote:
>
>    > Hi,
>    >
>    > My application environment is the following:
>    > 1) The same application is duplicated on multiple servers.
>    > 2) These servers are loadbalanced by hardware in front of the
>    servers which
>    > basically round-robins between the servers.
>    > 3) All client requests via http are session- and stateless.
>    > 4) Each server has the same CMP2 beans as all the servers,
>    referencing data from
>    > a single shared database.
>    > 5) The number of servers can be large.
>    > 6) No JBoss clustering is used, due to lack of knowledge and perhaps
>    5 above.
>    > 7) Some CMP2 beans will write/change data to the database.
>    > 8) The main table to which most other beans relate will have about
>    10-20 Million
>    > records.
>    >
>    > My questions are the following:
>    >
>    > How do
>    > 1) ensure that data across all servers is correct and valid.
>    > 2) ensure that CMP2 works fast and efficient taking 1) into account.
>    >
>    > Can you do 1) only by choosing a commit option that reads from
>    database every
>    > time. If so, will performance suck?
>    >
>    > Also, some people reckon that a way to get rid of the CMP2 problem
>    is by using
>    > something like Toplink from Oracle. I guess it is similar to
>    Hibernate.
>    >
>    > I do not see how this will change anything. Any comments?
>    >
>    > Kind regards,
>    >

Alwyn Schoeman
SMART Money Inc.

If you're a SMARTY and you're using the better DNS connections, you
can access my homepage at http://nevyn.smarties.com.ph/Members/alwyn.
The other unlucky ones: http://10.126.68.24/myplone