The problem appears to be related to the ISA Firewall Client.  When
activated, I get "Address already in use: JVM_Bind" errors for ports
1099, 4444, 8080 and others.  When deactivated, the errors go away.

I would still be interested to know why JBoss 3.0.4 works fine with
the ISA Firewall Client activated.  What changed in 3.2.x that might
account for the incompatibility?

Thanks,
Jim

Jim Crossley