After switching from 3.0.6 to 3.2.3 we experience warning messages in our logfiles:

WARN [org.jboss.ejb.plugins.AbstractInstanceCache] Unable to passivate due to ctx lock, id=127.0.0.1:1099:dq6o9s7q-x

This seems to be a problem to passivate (a stateful session?) bean. Looking into the code, the context of the bean seems to be locked:

protected boolean canPassivate(EnterpriseContext ctx)
{
   if (ctx.isLocked())
   {
      // The context is in the interceptor chain
      return false;
   }

Is there a way to discover what is holding the lock on the context? What is the impact of that warning for our application?

Thanks,

-marek