On Wed, 2004-02-04 at 14:59, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hello,
>
> for me, it seems that such a ctx is locked when an invocation is currently active in
> a bean instance. We encounter such a warning
> message if the container tries to passivate such an instance. It depends on the time
> methods need to execute and the frequency of
> invocations and passivation trials.
> We use <commit-option>D</commit-option> with a refresh rate of 30 seconds (the
> container tries to passivate bean instances then) and
> encounter the same warning message if a client currently calls a bean method.
>
> My questions is: How is such a situation resolved? Tries the container again and
> when? Can it be that a bean instance is never
> passivated (refreshed) if sequently passivation trials are unsuccessful or are
> passivation trials enqueued or reminded with a flag
> in something associated with the instance (ctx?) so that instances are definitely
> passivated by the container right after the
> locking invocation returns?

This is mostly harmless, although there was a bug reported recently
where the lock reference counting was incorrect when using a SFSB
Handle.

In the case of an SFSB where it is trying to passivate to disk,
it is not passivated to disk and is instead promoted to MRU
(most recently used).
It will try again at the end of the next passivation period.

In the case of commit option D, it is an attempt to return the bean
to the pool. Since it is still in use,
it is just invalidated in the cache.
The invocation/transaction still has a reference.
The bean instance will be discarded at the end of the
invocation/transaction.

Regards,
Adrian

> Thanks,