regarding the second question:

I looked at the DTD http://www.jboss.org/j2ee/dtd/jboss_3_2.dtd and thought
adding this under  in jboss.xml might be a good idea ("1" could be any number):

  <container-configurations>
    <container-configuration>
      <container-name>single</container-name>
      <container-cache-conf>
         <cache-policy-conf>
           <min-capacity>1</min-capacity>
           <max-capacity>1</max-capacity>
         </cache-policy-conf>
      </container-cache-conf>
    </container-configuration>
  </container-configurations>

It did not help. When I send two messages at roughly the same time to the
target queue, JBoss creates two instances of the MDB
(System.identityHashCode(this) gives me two different integers). I would really
like to find a way of limiting the number of MDB instances.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3865281#3865281

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3865281