The moment jPDL was developed, XPDL was not a widely accepted standard. And
even up to now many other companies use an import facility to load an existing
xpdl. If you then manipulate it and save.... sorry export it again in XPDL, you
loose many of the work you did in the designers of these companies.

So yes, jpdl is proprietary, but also very extensible, as opposed to other
systems proprietary standards.

There are differences between xpdl and jdpl and if someone could draw them up
(on the xml level), we'd be happy to comment on it to a certain extend and
maybe help with an xslt or so for conversion.

We have no idea how many companies did not start using jBPM because of the
proprietary nature of jPDL. We (I) certainly have not heard of one, so it might
be that there is no problem at all ;-) and thus no impact.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3912463#3912463

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3912463