For whatever is worth, the *JDEbug* output of the jde-bug-sio-connect-delay
with less than 14 looks good, normal behavior. You just need to set up
some breakpoints and you are good to go.

I have that variable jde-big-sio-connect-delay set up to 1.
FYI, it is the amount of time emacs wait for a response for the debugger.

It breaks after 15s, because that's the timeout in the DebuggeeSIO.java.
I am guessing that emacs waits for whatever the jde-bug-sio-connect-delay
is before doing anything, less than 14 it connects before the debugger
stop waiting.

my 2 cents,

Javier