--- Douglas WF Acheson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> [...]
> break points it runs to completion (a simple hello world program).
> If
> I set a breakpoint (after I launch the debugger) I cannot step
> through
> the code (the step-into etc) are all grayed out.  The continue menu
> items is active.  Id just do not understand.  Please help.
>
> Douglas WF Acheson
>
> this is my .emacs file
>

> (add-to-list 'load-path (expand-file-name
> "~/lib/emacs/jde/v2.2.8beta1/lisp"))
> (add-to-list 'load-path (expand-file-name "~/lib/emacs/eieio/v0.16"))
> (add-to-list 'load-path (expand-file-name "~/lib/emacs/elib/v1.0"))
> (add-to-list 'load-path (expand-file-name
> "~/lib/emacs/semantic/v1.4beta7"))
> (add-to-list 'load-path (expand-file-name
> "~/lib/emacs/speedbar/v0.14beta1"))
>
> (require 'jde)
>
> (defun java-startup ()
>   (turn-on-auto-fill)                            ; load
> auto-file-mode)
>
>   (setq-default indent-tabs-mode nil)            ; do not want to use
> tabs
>
>   (setq c-auto-newline nil)                      ; set 'C' coding
> style
>
> ;  (c-set-style "dwfa-java")
>
> ) ; end defun
>
> ;(c-add-style "dwfa-java"
> ;  '("java"
> ;     (c-basic-offset . 2)
> ;     (c-backslash-column .49)
> ;     (c-offsets-alist
> ;       (case-label . +)
> ;       (substatement-open  . 0)
> ;     )
> ;     (c-hanging-braces-alist
> ;       (block-open        before after)
> ;       (substatement-open before after)
> ;     )
> ;     (comment-column . 49)
> ;     (fill-column    . 79)
> ;   )
> ;)
>
> (custom-set-variables
>   '(jde-db-option-classpath (quote
>                               (
>                                 "C:\Home\Projects\test"
>                               )
>                             )
>    )
>   '(jde-bug-jdk-directory "C:/Apps/java/se/v1.3.0")
>   '(jde-bug-jre-home      "C:/Apps/java/se/v1.3.0/jre")
>   '(jde-db-source-directories (quote
>                                 (
>                                   "C:\Home\Projects\test"
>                                 )
>                               )
>    )
>   '(jde-bug-vm-executable (quote ("java")))
>   '(jde-db-debugger (quote
>                       (
>                         "JDEbug" "" . "Executable"
>                       )
>                     )
>    )
>   '(jde-bug-vm-includes-jpda-p t)
>   '(jde-bug-debugger-host-address "127.0.0.1")
> )
>

> =====
> Douglas WF Acheson

> Spot the hottest trends in music, movies, and more.

Hello,

  Thanks to the responses.  To answer some of the questions put to me.
I have SP2 for Windows 2000 installed, saw that thread and got it.

I am using JDK v1.3.0 for everything.

I have tried setting the break point before starting the debugger,
after starting the debugger, before and after launching the
application.  All with the same result :-(  The breakpoint is ignored
and the program completes successfully.

I am using javac not jikes.

I really do appreciate all the help, I am just a little frustrated as
to why I cannot get it to work :-(

Here is the outputfrom  *Messages*
 menu-bar JDEbug Processes Start Debugger
 Fontifying *JDEbug*...
 Fontifying *JDEbug*... (regexps....)
 menu-bar JDEbug Processes Start Debugger
 Debugger started successfully.
 Breakpoint set at line 15 in class A.java.

Here is the output from *JDEBug*
 cd c:/Home/Projects/test/
 javaw -classpath
c:/Home/lib/emacs/jde/v2.2.8beta1/java/lib/jde.jar;c:/Apps/java/se/v1.3.0/lib/tools.jar
jde.debugger.Main

 (jde-dbo-init-debug-session)

 JDE> -1 1 launch 1 -vmexec java -home c:/Apps/java/se/v1.3.0/jre
-classpath c:/Home/Projects/test  ca.dwfa.A

 (jde-dbo-message
1 "Launched VM Java Debug Interface (Reference Implementation) version
1.3
Java Debug Wire Protocol (Reference Implementation) version 1.0
JVM Debug Interface version 1.0
JVM version 1.3.0 (Classic VM, native threads, nojit)")

 (jde-dbo-message 1 "initSIOConnect: starting standard I/O handshake.")

 (jde-dbo-message 1 "initSIOConnect: starting SIO connect thread.")

 (jde-dbo-command-result 1 1744)

 (jde-dbo-message
1 "Debugger waiting for Emacs to connect to app SIO port 1744.")

 (jde-dbo-event-set
1 "all"
 (list "Thread" 1 "main" "runnable" "suspended by debugger"
 (list)
 (list)
 nil)
 (list 'jde-dbo-vm-start-event))

 (jde-dbo-message 1 "Debugger connected to standard I/O socket.")

 JDE> 1 2 break absolute A.java 15

 (jde-dbo-command-result 2 0)

 JDE> 1 3 run

 (jde-dbo-command-result 3)

 (jde-dbo-message 1 "Closed transport for application's standard
output.")

 (jde-dbo-message 1 "Closed transport for application's standard error
output.")

 (jde-dbo-event-set 1 "none" nil
 (list 'jde-dbo-vm-death-event))

 (jde-dbo-event-set 1 "none" nil