--- Douglas WF Acheson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- "MacEachern, Tim" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Looks like it never reaches your breakpoint.  Try enclosing the
> whole
> > "main" function in a
> > try {...} catch (Throwable t) { System.out.println(t);}
> > block.  This will pick up missing Java classes. Then you can set
> > an additional breakpoint on the println line as well.
> >
> > Best of luck
> > Tim MacEachern
> >

> Hello,
>
>   Thanks for the reply again.  I tried what you asked and again it
> will
> not stop at the breakpoints.  It just runs to the end successfully.
> Thanks for all your help.  The program is simple
>
> package ca.dwfa;
>
> public class A
> {
>   private String name = "blah" ;
>   private int    age  = 10 ;
>
>   public void displayInfo()
>   {
>     System.out.println(name + " : " + age) ;
>   }
>
>   public static void main(String args[])
>   {
>     try
>     {
>       A a = new A() ;
>       a.displayInfo() ;
>     }
>     catch(Throwable t)
>     {
>       System.out.println(t) ;
>     }
>   }
> }
>

> =====
> Douglas WF Acheson

> Spot the hottest trends in music, movies, and more.
> http://buzz.yahoo.com/

Hello,

  Thanks to all.  I have it finally working on both Emacs and XEmacs.
I do not know if it was a sequence problem or some setting that I had
in my startup files.  BUT now it is working.  So again thanks to all, I
feel much better :-)

  In addition, I can only get it to work using the following method:
 - start the debugger
 - launch the application
 - set the break points
 - start the application

  Hey this is okay, as long as it works ...

Thanks again ...

=====
Douglas WF Acheson