On Tue, 9 Dec 2003 18:03:26 -0500, Paul Kinnucan wrote:
> Michael Schierl writes:
>  > On Thu, 6 Nov 2003 13:17:50 -0500, Paul Kinnucan wrote:
>  >
>  > When I use that one with cedet-1.0beta1c on emacs-21.3 (Windows), it works
>  > as long as i only edit one file. When I open the second file (or do a M-x
>  > jde-mode RET in the first one), I see
>  >

> I was not able to get cedet-1.0beta1c to load on my Windows system, let alone
> work with the JDEE 2.3.3.

Hmm, my windows system (w/ cygwin) did not make any problems. just run make
and then add the line mentioned in the INSTALL file into .emacs (it will
create the needed load path itself).

Some investigation with lots of (message)s and edebug-sessions later, i
noticed that the error does not occur when i disable
jde-project-context-switching-enabled-p. It does not occur either when i
load the project manually afterwards (huh?).

After some stepping through jde-set-variables-init-value, the problem is
(funcall set symbol val-to-set) on jde-enable-senator.

So the shortest hack to make it work with latest cedet seems to be changing
the set function for jde-enable-senator.

Now i simply use:

(defcustom jde-enable-senator t
  "Enable senator minor mode.
This mode provides Java-aware buffer navigation and searching
commands."
  :group 'jde-project
  :type 'boolean
  :set '(lambda (sym val)
          ;; Starting with version 1.4 beta 12 Semantic can globally
          ;; enable `senator-minor-mode'.  So don't override the
          ;; global setting in JDE's buffers.
          (or (and (boundp 'global-senator-minor-mode)
                   global-senator-minor-mode)
              t ;; <------------------------------------ added by me
              (mapc
               (lambda (buff)
                 (save-excursion
                   (set-buffer buff)
                   (senator-minor-mode (if val 1 -1))))
               (jde-get-java-source-buffers)))
          (set-default sym val)))

which seems to work as expected (although i might have broken senator, but
I don't care about that on my machine).

Perhaps that helps tracking down the bug (which occurs on my Linux box as
well).

Another bug: Since jde-2.3.3 jde-build-ant-command uses ' chars here
instead of " to enclose the build file name - however ant (or my shell,
which is plain old command.com) does not like that... Would be helpful to
have a custom option for that.

Michael