Henry S. Thompson wrote:
> Paul Kinnucan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
>> On the face of it, it would appear that this is a problem with ecb as
>> it tries to build lists of what's in directories whereas the JDEE
>> does not. The first thing I would do is try to pinpoint the problem
>> to one package or the other and to one file type another, i.e., to
>> use the JDEE and ECB separately to determine if the problem occurs
>> with one but not the other, with Java files but not other types of
>> files, or with both packages and only Java files, both packages and
>> nonJava files, etc.
>
> A _quick_ test suggests it's indeed an ecb-only problem.
>
> And it's not a Java-only problem -- happens with Python as well.
>
> I'm guessing (on very indirect basis) it's a semantic problem -- it
> appears to start shortly after the first load in a directory, possibly
> in an idle hook, possibly not starting until the directory window is
> painted.  Doesn't seem to happen if browser window isn't enabled.

Hmm, could be - do you know semantic-imenu-auto-rebuild-directory-indexes
for example - and do you know (see INSTALL-file in semantic-subdir of cedet):

   semantic-load-enable-minimum-features
   semantic-load-enable-code-helpers
   semantic-load-enable-excessive-code-helpers
   semantic-load-enable-semantic-debugging-helpers

I have the following in my semantic-setup:

;; The semantic boviantor - i do not want aynthing turned on automatically
(setq semantic-load-turn-everything-on nil)
(require 'semantic-load)
;; if AucTeX is installed we want the semantic-parser for texinfo files also
;; for the tex-info-mode of AucTeX!
(when (locate-library "tex-info")
  (defvar TeXinfo-mode-hook nil)
  (add-hook 'TeXinfo-mode-hook 'semantic-default-texi-setup))
(require 'senator)

(setq senator-minor-mode-name "SN")
;; Not available in semantic 2.0
(if (fboundp 'global-semantic-show-dirty-mode)
    (global-semantic-show-dirty-mode -1))
(global-semantic-stickyfunc-mode 1)
(global-senator-minor-mode 1)
(global-semantic-show-unmatched-syntax-mode 1)
;; (add-hook 'emacs-lisp-mode-hook
;;           (function (lambda ()
;;                       (semantic-show-unmatched-syntax-mode 1))))
(if (fboundp 'global-semantic-idle-scheduler-mode)
    (global-semantic-idle-scheduler-mode 1)
  (global-semantic-auto-parse-mode 1))

(if (not (boundp 'semantic-idle-scheduler-idle-time))
    (setq semantic-auto-parse-idle-time 4))

;; This prevents reparsing the buffer if not at least full-balanced concerning
;; parens, brackets and braces.

;; (add-hook (if (boundp 'semantic--before-fetch-tags-hook)
;;               'semantic--before-fetch-tags-hook
;;             'semantic-before-toplevel-bovination-hook)
;;           (function (lambda ()
;;                       (if (and (semantic-active-p)
;;                                (not (equal major-mode
;;                                            'texinfo-mode)))
;;                           (condition-case data
;;                               ;; Buffer can't have more than (point-max)
sexps.
;;                               (not (scan-sexps (point-min) (point-max)))
;;                             (error nil))

(global-semanticdb-minor-mode 1)

;; very important to avoid long long parsing when openig files....
(setq semantic-imenu-index-directory nil)
(setq semantic-imenu-auto-rebuild-directory-indexes nil)

(add-to-list (if (boundp 'semantic-format-face-alist)
                 'semantic-format-face-alist
               'semantic-face-alist)
             (cons 'section 'texinfo-heading-face) t)

(setq semantic-uml-colon-string ":")