Title: RE: [JDEV] Distributed design of jabber

Another note:

According to jabber.com, they charge based on concurrent users on the server.  Currently they are in a state which it is not profitable for them to deal with small companies(they didn't really give me a number) or companies that did not have a _gaurenteed_ high number of concurrent users.

Going on three weeks now that I'm waiting for answers to technical questions to see if the jabber.com server is a viable solution for my company.

IOW, until they get some big sales and can beef up on resources (read: more employees), I wouldn't waste your time or theirs unless you have a need for a server (and can afford it - once again, I didn't get any prices) that will have a constant concurrent user count above 10K (that's my guess, since they didn't give me any solid numbers).

(Don't get me wrong, I understand their need to focus on customers that can bring in the big cash until they have good income and are stabilized)

WHILE I'm on the subject, hey JER and whoever else has worked on it, what's the status of dpsm and.... 'mod_farm' is it?