----- Original Message -----
>>On Mon, Jun 16, 2003 at 01:48:50AM +1000, Michael Brown wrote:
>> Why on earth would we need a nod from Peter to set up a website?
>
>Your previous message said that you took it down at his insistence, so I
>assumed he should be consulted before it went back up.
>
>In case this is a British-only expression, "to give something the nod"
>means to give it tacit approval, a bit like a thumbs-up, but less
>official.

Yeah yeah.  I speak English :-)

My point is we don't need approval (tacit or otherwise) from anyone to start
a Jabber related website (in this case "anyone" includes all the Jabber
Foundation members, and everyone who works for Jabber Inc).  JabberCentral
wasn't run or taken down by me (believe me, if it was run by me, it would
still be running) - sorry, I didn't mean to give you that impression.  I
didn't understand Peters motivation back then, and I sure don't now for
closing it down in the first place - perhaps when he reads this he can
comment.

Michael