Colin,

Our solution, Jive Messenger, isn't Open Source but can be installed to run inside an app-server. It's free for 10 simultaneous users, but I'm not sure if that meets your needs or not.

More info at: http://www.jivesoftware.com/products/messenger

Regards,
Matt

Colin Bell wrote:
Raditha Wrote:

Could you explain what exactly do you mean run under a servlet engine? I know the servlet spec talks of non HTTP servlets but i haven't run across any yet (yeah i guess it maybe my fault). Or maybe you talking about tunnelling jabber over http?

Hi Raditha

What I really mean is a server that can, for example, setup to run under JRUN or Tomcat so that I can control it through a web interface and not have to run it as separate service, or an application. I'm just looking to see if someone else has made one before duplicate the effort by creating one myself, As Peter has pointed out, its very difficult to do.