I don't think you need an entire certification process for this. We could
simply rearrange the client list to indicate which clients support which
features. The client author(s) would need to submit this information. I
don't think mispresentation by the client authors would be an issue. Even
this level of work requires considerable effort to organize. This would be a
good first step I think.