Hello,
I was thinking this way: There are apearing some applications that do some
tasks and their primary purpose is not comunication. However, they comunicate
using jabber. (inkskape for example, if I remember well). Users want games in
IM clients, which has nothing to do with IM. UNIX filosophy tells to separate
different tasks into separate programs. So yes, it would be possible to
separate the games into different programs, which would be just called from
the client with right info (where to connect, which user try to contact and
everything).

However, this would mean the game mush have full supprt for things like XML
parsing, SASL, TLS and everything. It would mean another connection to server
as well, which would mean more load on server, need to keep the connection
using whitespace pings (which means more pings with more connections) and
another resource appears for other users.

So I was thinking about something like is X server. On a user login, it would
start and connect and provided kind of user proxy for all his application,
making it only one connecion and making the life for applications a bit
easier by handling the SASL, TLS, transparent merging of more accounts
together, and more extensions like file transfers, jingle and so on. It would
mean even transparent handling of history, regardless if it is server-side or
client-side, support of new features for application which did not have it
before (like it would be possible to add encrypted sessions to all
applications without them knowing about it, for example).

Another advantage would be, if the graphic frontend crashed (and the graphic
application tend to do so more oftenly then simple text ones, I don't know
why), you would not lose your last messages and messages got on the last
moment, you could just start the app again and it would get them, and other
users would not even know something happend to you.

Of course, the design would need to be done more properly, but I wanted
someone to comment on this a bit, if it is a good idea. I'm sending it here,
because I think it has nothing to do with standards, it is just another way
for a design for client software. If you think otherwise, I appologise and
would move it to better mail list.

Thank you.

--

NAT should extinkt like dinosaurs did.