Hi Michal,

once I tried to introduce such an application/proxy for jabber. I worked
on for a very long time whatever I did never get any positiv feedback
and therefor I did stopped spending more time on it. :/

If you are interested:

http://wxxcd.sourceforge.net/

basically the "daemon" should compile on linux, too.
if you are really interested I would try to find the last(=current)
source I wrote. (I am not sure if the source in cvs is the latest)

Well, it was already working :/ but nobody wanted to develop an
application on top of it :(

regards,
you may contact me via jabber

[EMAIL PROTECTED]