----- Message d'origine ----
De : Massimiliano Mirra <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
À : jdev@jabber.org
Envoyé le : Mercredi, 31 Janvier 2007, 0h58mn 04s
Objet : Re: [jdev] how to program a jabber game server

> I am a newbie regarding Jabber technology, trying to figure out if it could
> be the solution for the app I am going to develop : a multi-user online game
> similar to a board game like monopoly.
>
> First I guess I have to define an XMPP extension adapted to my game,
> describing all the game actions a player can perform through its client. But
> how the Jabber server is going to process this messages, i. e. how am I
> going to program this part (and in what language) ? Is this part of the
> program dependent from Jabber server implementations ?
>
> Thank you for any response or linked resource,

This video shows a Monopoly game toward the end, based on HTML/JS/CSS
and Google Maps, with game logic handled by a Ruby bot:
http://dev.hyperstruct.net/xmpp4moz/chrome/site/video.html

A friend wrote it as a demonstration for xmpp4moz.  I'm not sure
whether the code is still maintained, but you can find it here:
http://dev.hyperstruct.net/xmpp4moz/wiki/RemoteApplications

--
Massimiliano Mirra
code: http://dev.hyperstruct.net

Profitez des connaissances, des opinions et des expériences des internautes sur
Yahoo! Questions/Réponses
http://fr.answers.yahoo.com