On 6/27/07, Matthias Wimmer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Sergei!

Ah okay ... it seems I start understanding what you are trying to do.
You want to map a JID (or something like that) into another JID, e.g.
for building the infamous Jabber-Jabber transport.

Not exactly. I want to implement XEP-0106 in Tkabber and the idea was
to show only unescaped JIDs to a user. But since different escaped
(real) JIDs map to one escaped JID then it's impossible (user should
definitely know who sent the message).

My current yhought is the following: to show unescaped JID if and only
if it can be escaped unambiguously.

But this approach isn't good too (appending different resources we may
break unescaping of any bare JID).

So, probably I will not unescape / and @ in nodes. It should solve ambuguity.

Or may be hiding real (escaped) JIDs from the user is a bad idea at all?

Best wishes!
--
Sergei Golovan