Tomasz Sterna wrote:
On Pt, 2008-01-25 at 18:41 +0100, Maciek Niedzielski wrote:
The price of avoiding a jabber:iq:last flood. Sounds like the caps discussion. :)
But jabber:iq:last flood is not obligatory ;)

jabber:iq:version flood is not obligatory too, though we put much words
into the topic.

IMO last presence is more visible and requested feature than version
information.

I have no idea what users really want. :) But I agree that a lot of end users would probably like to know the last presence of their buddies (e.g., so they can receive cool logout messages). However, there is no limit on the size of the <status/> element, so these presence stanzas *could* be quite large if people start to use this feature as a form of blogging...

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/