On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 4:13 PM, Jonathan Dickinson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>  I know this is OT, but what are your experiences with IPv6? I have been
> itching to actively use IPv6 resources for a while, but I am just not there
> yet: any motivations to bump up my efforts (as a developer/end user)?

Re XMPP: Add DNS AAAA records, make sure your jabber server listens/connects
if IPv6 is available, and it "just-works".

Other stuff: Firefox and IE seem to just work too.

Most _new_ libraries are supporting IPv6 transparently, so if you're using
one of those you're fine.  If you're doing lower level networking then you
might need to look at migrating to newer DNS lookups used for connecting. I
migrated VIRC a few years back (patches still to be merged *sigh*), and the
changes were pretty small.

--
- Norman Rasmussen
- Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]