On Dienstag, 16. August 2011 at 23:21, Kim Alvefur wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-08-16 at 22:04 +0200, Andreas Monitzer wrote:
> > I'm considering which XEPs to implement.
> The Compliance Suites XEPs might be relevant. 302 is currently still
> Experimental, but it should at least give you an idea of what would be
> good to implement.

Yes, I've looked into it. XEP-0198 seems to be a huge undertaking to add to an
already existing library, but I'll look into that.
The problem with XEP-0302 is that it's what the XMPP Standards Foundation wants
us to implement, not what's actually out there.
I want to implement all of the new toys, but I still have to support the older
stuff for talking to existing clients.

> > User Avatars:
> > XEP-0153 vs XEP-0084
> 54+153 is what's in widespread use now, don't know if anyone has
> implemented 84 yet, but I can't see how it hurts since it's based on
> PEP, so server support is pretty widespread now.

libpurple (Pidgin & Adium) support XEP-0084, since I implemented it myself :)
I guess I'll have to implement both.

> > XEP-0096 vs XEP-0234
> Jingle is the future! ;)

Yes, but is its way of doing file transfer supported by some clients?

> As mentioned above 54 is in widespread use. You'd want to look at
> XEP-0292: vCard4 Over XMPP, which is supposed to be the way forward.

Thanks for the tip!

> > Further, what's the state of end-to-end encryption?
> XEP-0247: Jingle XML Streams and STARTTLS would be the cool thing to do
> IMO. :)

Hmm that XEP is deferred, so I guess nothing will be available for a while…

Regards,
Andreas Monitzer