On 03/04/2011 11:02 AM, Craig L Russell wrote:

1. Maven 2 upgrade - using setting.xml or profiles.xml for iut profile https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-647

Apparently maven doesn't want to encourage items in the settings.xml to affect the build, but we do. Specifically, we want to have the user's settings.xml to provide settings to run the iut. Any suggestions? From
http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-profiles.html:

    Profiles specified in external files (i.e in settings.xml or
    profiles.xml) are not portable in the strictest sense. Anything
    that seems to stand a high chance of changing the result of the
    build is restricted to the inline profiles in the POM. Things like
    repository lists could simply be a proprietary repository of
    approved artifacts, and won't change the outcome of the build.
    Therefore, you will only be able to modify the <repositories> and
    <pluginRepositories> sections, plus an extra <properties> section.

    The <properties> section allows you to specify free-form key-value
    pairs which will be included in the interpolation process for the
    POM. This allows you to specify a plugin configuration in the form
    of ${profile.provided.path}.

I don't understand what they are suggesting be done with a ${profile.provided.path} property.

-- Michelle