My +1.

I've seen number of people having trouble building it after checking out a plugin, so we should fix this.

On 04/04/2012 11:58 AM, nicolas de loof wrote:
Hi folks,

as you know, glassfish maven repo (aka m.g.o-public) is definitively
off, but we depend on it for many plugins dependencies, and this is
hardcoded in plugin parent pom (so, to get it fixed, plugin would need
to upgrade to a recent jenkins-core dependency).

some of you may already encounter dependency resolution issues trying to
build a plugin form scratch

I volunteer to migrate the 400+ plugins to replace <repository> pointing
to m.g.o-public and replace/add repo.jenkins-ci.org/public
<http://repo.jenkins-ci.org/public> where missing, so that each plugin
explicitly defines repository to our infra (I plan to write a tool for
that).

We discussed this on governance meeting, but I wan't to ensure everybody
agree here, so please let me know if you see any drawback or have
another suggestion.

Nicolas

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi | CloudBees, Inc. | http://cloudbees.com/
Try Nectar, our professional version of Jenkins