I don't see anything wrong with specifying a repo which is under developers
control in the parent pom. It's a feature of maven and I use this feature
regularly within my workplace to force our builds to use a repository
manager for all dependencies and keep everything internal. I don't know
Jenkins well enough but it might prove useful in future to limit the
versions of core dependencies available to plugins.

Chris.