Hi,

+1 for a revert even if JENKINS-15367 is supposed to be fixed.

There was no fix since 1.480. It is going to be fixed on 1.492 but please
look at my comment [1]. If the second issue is confirmed and also due to
JENKINS-12735, then it is almost as much blocker as the current issue. So,
I still think it should have been/be reverted asap and until a fully
working status is confirmed.

The current issue is not only triggering useless builds but also prevent
the needed builds from happening.
The second issue I'm talking about (on relationships) is a major issue for
analyzing breakages, finding upstream changes and notifying possible
culprits.
Note I don't know how much they are linked but both issues are a regression
compared to 1.480...

Cheers,

[1]:
https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-15367?focusedCommentId=170195&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-170195