On Wednesday, 28 May 2014, Surya Gaddipati <suryapraka...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you Kohsuke for your kind words :). We have been using this plugin
> quite successfully with over 300 projects at our organization.
>
> > First, would you be interested in doing a guest post on
> http://jenkins-ci.org/node blog? I think more people should know about
> this, and I think it gives you and Groupon the visibility that you deserve.
>
> That would be great. I would definitely love to do that. I will work on it
> next week and post it to this group for review.  On a side note, opensource
> group at my company expressed some concern that groupon looses *all*
> visibility on github if the project is forked into jenkinsci.
> would it be possible for me to become an admin on
> https://github.com/jenkinsci/DotCi so I can transfer the repo over to
> groupon github and keep the watchers and stars.
>
> I've also noticed that, some plugin authors prefer their own repo as
> source of truth for pull requests rather than the fork in jenkinsci which
> has caused some confusion for me in the past
> for example, https://github.com/janinko/ghprb . I think we discussed this
> in another thread here but I am not sure what the right solution to this
> problem is :(.
>

> > Second, I skimmed through the plugin, and it contains several
> interesting parts that I think are useful outside your plugin (such as
> DbBackedProject.) I see some other parts where I think you worked around
> the current core "limitation" (such as a separate "new job" UI). And I have
> some ideas that I'd like to run by you to improve the interoperability with
> existing plugins.
> >I'd like to try putting out some of them into separate reusable plugins,
> identify things we should change in the core to better accomodate this
> plugin, and so on.
>
> Yea that would be a great improvement if we could create a new dotci job
> like all other jobs.  Yes it would be good idea to rip out mongodb support
> and .ci.yml support into separate plugins.

Well I'd like to get the .ci.yml into the literate (needs a better name)
plugin as it fits the idea of documenting the build voodoo command(s) in a
machine parseable file (full blown literate is where that file is also
a human readable README file)

Also the docker stuff and github integration are stuff I want for the
multi-branch side of literate

> >To that end, I wonder if you would walk us through the inner working of
> this plugin in one of the upcoming office
> hours<https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwiki.jenkins-ci.org%2Fdisplay%2FJENKINS%2FOffice%2BHours&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNGkT7e_JSbp1ttL0nSN2UcFfoBfpQ>?
> The next one is June 4th 11am PT, but we can have it in an irregular time
> if that time slot doesn't work for you.
>
> Yea that would be great. I can do that anytime after 2 week of june
> instead of june 4th if that is ok with you.
>

> On Tuesday, May 20, 2014 11:36:30 AM UTC-5, Surya Gaddipati wrote:
>>
>> https://github.com/groupon/DotCi
>> github usename: suryagaddipati
>>
>>  --

Sent from my phone