> This is really exciting, thanks for such a full featured plugin.
> So - for now - do I do PRs to the groupon repo? (sounds like you would
> like to have it there for credit? or maybe get the groupon logo on
> jenkins-ci.org).

Yea that would be convenient if  PR's go
to https://github.com/groupon/DotCi/ there is couple of PR's there already.

Does it make any sense to allow this to use non public URL hosted jenkins?
> basically, poll github (like some other plugins do, or apps like:
> https://github.com/vaneyckt/Jently
> <https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fvaneyckt%2FJently&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNGqZiCbtkY5TgSSU3FYzl-TJVEgvQ>)
>
> - as running deep behind a firewall is pretty common.

Yes that makes sense. We use Github Enterprise internally so I haven't
given much though  to this. Would it be possible to create simple proxy
that just accepts github payloads and posts it to jenkins/githook and
expose it to github ?
The problem with polling is that , a) there might be a delay based on the
polling interval before github pr status goes yellow which might be
confusing b) pusher information is lost, this might not be that big of a
deal. Polling had been very unreliable and made our jenkins instance really
slow in the past when we used it.

> * I was attempting to set this up without a public URL (I created an oauth
> token against "localhost:8080" in github) - however, when I try to create a
> new DotCI job - it redirects from "mygithubprojects" to a url with code=...
> in it? I am not sure if I have misconfigured it or if I have to have a
> public URL to complete the oauth signup steps?

I dont think you need public url to get this setup, 'mygithubprojects' page
just logs you in so that it can access your github info. Can you hit login
button and login?

I've added developer setup documentation here
https://github.com/groupon/DotCi/blob/master/docs/DevelopmentSetup.md

and setup instructions on DigitalOcean here

https://github.groupondev.com/DotCi/DotCi/wiki/Setup-Cloud-CI-in-15-minutes-with-Jenkins,-DotCi,-Docker-and-DigitalOcean