Thanks for your kind words :).

I understand. At a high level, they both aim to deliver slaves using
Docker. This is an old problem; do you break away and create new, or revise
in place? I think we should move forward with the new one, and let it work
itself out. I'm not opposed to merging, but I don't want to delay
delivering immediate value to users. I created the plugin out of urgency (I
couldn't get the firewall rules for 100+ SSH ports approved in my
organization) and I feel others have similar needs. Before looking at
merging the two, I would like to gain some more learning through user
experience.

I recall we once had two Gerrit plugins, but have since seen the two
combine into one excellent plugin. I believe the real horse race is between
the underlying docker libraries. In the end, we'll likely have a clear
winner, and can standardize a group of plugins around that. Perhaps
docker-commons becomes that focal point, and we have smaller plugins that
deliver slaves, build steps, workflow DSL, etc. For now, I think it's too
early to settle.

I don't want you to frown, but can we go ahead and move forward with this
as-is?

Thanks,

Kevin