On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 11:56 AM, kmbulebu <kmbul...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 'Here's some of the issues I've encountered while working
> with the plugins that rely on the docker cli:

All valid points (with some workarounds), but the flip side is that
when calling a CLI you can reproduce the exact command Jenkins was
running and try it yourself from a shell if anything goes wrong. Also
I am not sure where the Docker landscape is in this regard, but our
experience with SCM plugins using native Java clients has been that
performance is often poor and there are endless subtle behavioral
differences from the “golden standard” CLI. Users are rightly
frustrated when something that works fine from a shell fails with a
mysterious error in Jenkins.