> On 19 Jan 2018, at 10:29, Sorin Sbarnea <sorin.sbar...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> First let me thank Luca for his work on this plugin. I started to test it,
> raised few bugs and also working on implementing full JJB support for it.

Thanks for trying it out :-) I always appreciated early feedback.
It is still a pre-alpha, so it is not suitable yet for production ... I am
using it anyway on a daily basis and it works for me. However, still needs a
lot of improvements.

> Regarding contributions, I think that it would be the best to follow Jenkins
> CI workflow (github with PR) here and avoid gerrit one.

I believe in dogfooding and innovation, rather than "standards". However, I see
your point.
It will stay on GitHub and reviews will be welcome from both GerritHub and
GitHub sides :-)

> I see two important reasons: all jenkins plugins use the same process,
> diverging from standard is not good.

Why? The audience is "people that work with Jenkins and Gerrit" and I'd leave
it to them to decide the best tool to do reviews.

> Second, the plugin is too new to be considered stable,

It isn't a stable release but rather a pre-alpha.

> better to use a common/tested/stable process and focus on improving the
> plugin.

Gerrit Code Review and GitHub are both common, tested and stable processed
IMHO. They have been around for ~ 10 years now.
GerritHub.io <http://gerrithub.io/> was launched in 2013, 5 years ago, has
99.99% uptime and over 25k active users.

See: https://github.com/jenkinsci/gerrit-plugin
<https://github.com/jenkinsci/gerrit-plugin>

> Now I only hope that I will see more activity on the issue tracker and as PRs
> being raised. I am eager to see it as reaching a stable release and I am sure
> that there are lots of people that could help with that.

I would have to close them and re-open them on the JenkinsCI project: the
GerritForge one was just the pre-alpha inception.