On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 4:23 AM, Oleg Nenashev <o.v.nenas...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Traffic/Request prioritization
>
> Currently we have an issue with logging/file transfer messaging overloading
> the channel and blocking system commands. We could use message bus features
> to prevent that

This could be a problem. The current API

https://github.com/jenkinsci/remoting/blob/563bff81f5639db0aad501f784a97e8af6742541/src/main/java/hudson/remoting/CommandTransport.java#L29-L33

specifies that packets must be delivered in order—a transport is not
permitted to rearrange them as an optimization.

I am not sure this needs fixing, anyway. Even large transfers over the
channel are generally broken up into chunks at a higher protocol
layer, permitting other `Command`s to be interleaved. And we are
independently working on architectural changes specifically to avoid
the two examples given—use of the Remoting channel to transfer large
files or significant volumes of log text.