Hi Gonçalo,

Thanks for the interest!

I read Oleg's quite comprehensive overview of the project and it seems like
> a good starting point, but I'd also like to get familiar with the code
> base. Are there some tasks or bugs that need to be fixed that could be a
> good introduction? I'd like to get my hands "dirty" as soon as possible.

Remoting is an internal engine, so it's hard to find a "newbie-friendly"
ticket. I would suggest starting from establishing the Jenkins master with
agents and trying various remote operations. OTOH it is still possible to
find some low-hanging fruits, especially in the agent-related area.

I have created a JIRA filter for newbie-friendly issues specific to
remoting. The filter is here
<https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/issues/?filter=18184> (you would need to
login to JIRA I'd guess). I will make sure to extend the list of tickets
there over this week.

Best regards,
Oleg