Hello,
I have been looking for a way moving the artifacts out of the builds
directory and have been looking at the ArtifactManager.
Is there a reason that I can't find an implementation of this that just
uses a different local directory on the master?
Would should an plugin be hard to implement and how would one start?
Is there any obvious reasons that just creating a system property that
switches the artifacts to a different dir would not work?

Our use-case is that we create a lot of artifacts (zips/vms etc) that we
want to save for testing. We do this by changing the whole buildsDir to a
glusterfs. This gives us massive amounts of space but the less than ideal
performance with many small files, so we would like to separate the rest of
the jobs and build files from the artifacts.

Best regards Staffan