artifact-manager-s3 seems to contain examples of most of the things needed.
I did not quite understand...do you recommend against trying to do this or
something else? If we would implement the same tests and use the same key
as artifact-manager-s3, I would thing it would not be unreasonable work?

I figure if there is infrastructure now for this to work on s3 or azure,
then just mapping it to a different directory should be pretty simple in my
mind.

Another way of doing this would be to just invest in lots of SSD storage
for our jenkins servers... Might be cheaper if this would prove to be very
complicated.