OK, some strange things I’ve noticed.  The Effective POM for the
external-monitor-job plugin, with Baptiste’s updated POM, contains the
following:

  *   There is a section in <build> for the maven-hpi-plug-in where, as part of
the configuration, a ‘showDeprecation’ attribute is set
  *   The source of the Maven-hpi-plugin seems to be org.jenkins-ci.tools which
I presume is sourced from https://github.com/jenkinsci/maven-hpi-plugin

BUT https://github.com/jenkinsci/maven-hpi-plugin DOES seem to contain a
‘minimumJavaVersion’ attribute but does NOT contain a ‘showDeprecation’
attribute.  However if I skip across to
https://github.com/hudson/maven-hpi-plugin (note the ‘hudson’ not ‘jenkinsci’)
then I can find a ‘showDeprecation’ attribute.

I’m further lost because when I look here…

https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.jenkins-ci.tools/maven-hpi-plugin?repo=springio-plugins-release

… I can’t find a maven-hpi-run version higher than 2.7 so where is 3.0 coming
from and is it the jenkinsci or Hudson version, or some other?

Does this explain any of my issues or are these just ‘the way it works’ and I’m
simply not understanding Maven at all?

Paul DS.