I have marked the google docs for all three as being discussed here. We may
have to pull out those proposals if they prove to be problematic.

burden efforts to produce an alternate execution engine

The two execution engines I know of are the scripted pipeline and the
descriptive pipeline. Is there talks about a newer one?

(b) be limited to features which involve interacting directly with the host
> Jenkins
> service in a way that would be impractical to simulate otherwise.

The http request plugin is "untestable" by that definition, yet it is
useful to talk to external services.
Sometimes, it can be useful to talk to a remote Jenkins master from another
Jenkins master.

But if you say that there are problems with returning non-simple data
types, are you also saying that there are problems providing methods that
return simple data types?
e.g. jenkinsRest.api().systemApi().version() -> return the version number
as a String?

Thanks,
Martin