Hi,

I would like to add an issue related to not bump the ASM library, I
recently hit an issue with stapler (see
https://groups.google.com/g/jenkinsci-dev/c/JppfFwqIrCU) and it is related
to compile the plugin for JDK 11 only,
new plugins use new libraries and more and more libraries use JDK 11
nowadays for obvious reasons.
So bump the ASM version is something completely necessary. Break thing is
fine and more when those things are 10 years old stuff, in general, the
Jenkins Core has a few forked libraries that are a pain to maintain
updated, most of them are 10 yo pains. Thus, I think it is a matter of
making a damage control of the plugins affected by the change and fix those
that are still maintained or in use, Do we know which plugins are affected
by the change on ASM?

BTW the ASM/JNR/JNA update is part of the JEP-211
<https://github.com/jenkinsci/jep/blob/a6932225baa1d53224de4989c53b62e72c2e9299/jep/211/README.adoc#library-updates>
 and JENKINS-40689 <https://issues.jenkins.io/browse/JENKINS-40689> so
stuff longtime ago exposed