Hi,

Our Jenkins server runs Jenkins 1.470.

This morning, I updated a bunch of plugins (the one I needed was Jenkins build timeout plugin from 1.10 to 1.11, but I thought I'd do the others on offer to be the safe side) and since the restart, the java process on the Jenkins master has been pegged at 650% plus! (it's a box with lots of cores, but still, how can one process use more than 100% cpu?)

Anyway, a few questions:

- has anyone else seen this?

- how can I find the full list of plugins I updated? I wasn't that concerned so I didn't make an exact list of the boxes I was checking, now I wish I had :-(

- how can I debug exactly what's hogging all the CPU? I tried restarting the process and the problem persisted, so if I need config changes to get more info, that's easily done?

I'm not a Java programmer so I have no idea how to debug what's going on. Any help would be very much appreciated!

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk