PS: Also `managerDN` should simply be a user name prefixed with domain name e.g. `MYCOMPANY\MyUser`. Any user with basic permissions should work.

Maciej Jaros (2015-04-23 11:26):
v_sathyamurthy (2015-04-02 19:00):
Hello Folks,
I would really appreciate if some one could help me. I have installed jenkins 1.606 on windows,and tried to enable the global security link. I configured everything correctly. When enver I tried to test the login I always brought back to error page.
*Invalid login information. Please try again.
Try again*

*If you are a system administrator and suspect this to be a configuration problem, see the server console output for more details.*
My configuration looks like below:
<useSecurity>true</useSecurity>
<authorizationStrategy class="hudson.security.FullControlOnceLoggedInAuthorizationStrategy"/> <securityRealm class="hudson.security.LDAPSecurityRealm" plugin="ldap@1.6 <mailto:ldap@1.6>">
    <server>ldap://dev-corpldap.com:389</server>
    <rootDN>dc=mycompany,dc=com</rootDN>
<inhibitInferRootDN>false</inhibitInferRootDN>
<userSearchBase>ou=internal,ou=users,dc=mycompany,dc=com</userSearchBase>
    <userSearch>uid={0}</userSearch>
<managerDN>uid=bindid,ou=system,ou=users,dc=mycompany,dc=com</managerDN>
<managerPassword>UGFzc3dvcmRAMTIz</managerPassword>
<disableMailAddressResolver>true</disableMailAddressResolver>
  </securityRealm>

If you are using AcitveDirectory (Windows domain) as LDAP then `userSearch` should be `sAMAccountName={0}`. Also `userSearchBase` might be different. This might vary between installations, but I'm using `CN=Users` and it works fine.

Regards,
Nux.
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Users" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to jenkinsci-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com <mailto:jenkinsci-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/5538BAD6.2010300%40mol.com.pl <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/5538BAD6.2010300%40mol.com.pl?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

MOL sp. z o.o.  *Maciej Jaros*
e-mail: mac...@mol.com.pl <mailto:mac...@mol.com.pl>
WWW: www.mol.pl <http://www.mol.pl/>
tel: 58 669 80 90