I think the things missing from those docs are more explanation behind some of the design choices, and what the benefits and drawbacks could be.

The mention of the major limitations of the pipeline scripts are either not documented or buried in obscure comments in Jira issues. For example, an explanation of the need for serialization, what methods are whitelisted, the fact that you can't import a jar file, etc. I've spend weeks fighting those issues, and perhaps if I understood the underlying logic, use case, and design intention I'd not have wasted my time.

I keep seeing the same questions being asked on this list, on Stack Overflow, and other places, but none of that seems to make it back to the first docs someone will see when they're trying to use the pipeline.

Pete