I'm not sure they actually do this much, but you could totally put a stage
around your parallel. If we take a look at the diagram on
https://jenkins.io/doc/book/pipeline/

stage{
  parallel(['toto': node(){ ... }])
}

seem like a valid way.

I for one have a node that contain multiple stage and it doesn't disturb it.

node
{
  stage('build')
  {
  }
  stage('unit testing')
  {
  }
}

I think you cannot declare a stage inside a parallel, it would mess up the
stages. It's my understanding of them so far, they kind of just indicate a
split between flow group.  Maybe the dev people from Jenkins or more
advanced users can shed more light on this.