On Friday, October 13, 2017 at 4:37:20 PM UTC-6, dandeliondodgeball wrote:

> Ya, that is what all the documentation says, but I never get that.  (Forgot
> to mention it is Windows Server 2012 R2)   I get this:
>
> ERROR: Message not found for errorCode: 0xC00000AC
> org.jinterop.dcom.common.JIException: Message not found for errorCode:
> 0xC00000AC
>       at
> org.jinterop.winreg.smb.JIWinRegStub.winreg_OpenHKCR(JIWinRegStub.java:121)
>       at org.jinterop.dcom.core.JIComServer.initialise(JIComServer.java:479)

I don't understand where you're getting that.  Possibly that is some output
from an attempt to register a running agent as a Windows service?

Based on earlier context of your question, I'd have guessed that you:

   1. Configured a Jenkins master (Windows or Linux?)
   2. Added an agent through the Jenkins master web pages
   3. Opened the web page of that agent from the Windows machine where you
   want to start the agent
   4. Downloaded the slave.jar from that web page
   5. Pasted the command line to start the slave into a command window on
   the desktop of your new Windows agent
   6. Confirm that it connects to your Jenkins master

I don't expect any of those steps to call anything related to the Windows
registry.

Can you help me understand what I've missed in the steps you're taking?

Mark Waite