I think that the answer to your problem is to use the steps I listed rather
than the steps that you listed.

Pressing the "launch agent" button causes the Jenkins server to attempt to
start the agent on the Windows machine.  That seems to use some form of COM
based entity to launch the agent on the Windows machine.

If you download the "slave.jar" file, create a local batch file that
invokes that slave.jar, and run that batch file, you'll start your agent on
the Windows machine.

Mark Waite