I was wrong, about not being able to reply to the last post. So let me
continue.

   1. Jenkins master on aws linux
   2. Manually copied slave.jar to aws windows server 2012
   3. Added a node through the Jenkins master web pages
      1. Host set to public ip of aws windows server 2012
      2. Remote root directory set to C:\\Jenkins, which is where I put
      slave.jar
   4. Went to the overview page for that agent/node and selected "Launch
   agent"

ERROR: Message not found for errorCode: 0xC00000AC

org.jinterop.dcom.common.JIException: Message not found for errorCode:
0xC00000AC

     at
org.jinterop.winreg.smb.JIWinRegStub.winreg_OpenHKCR(JIWinRegStub.java:121)

     at org.jinterop.dcom.core.JIComServer.initialise(JIComServer.java:479)

Googling that I find this:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/23754417/how-to-run-jenkins-slave-on-windows-2012-r2-x64

That post says common problem is that you are running .NET 3.x

This tells me I am running .NET v4

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/migration-guide/how-to-determine-which-versions-are-installed

      So appears I need to spend more time looking into aws windows server
2012 settings, related to running Jenkins agents.

      Unless someone knows the answer to my problem

Thanks.