Title: RE: JESS: JESS & EJB

I am using Jess from within some stateless EJB's.  The only thing I had to do was change the source code to not load the standard scriptlib.clp - file I/O is considered bad form inside an EJB.  I have my rules stored in a database and the user can pass XML to the EJB, which I turn into a fact and then return the appropriate response as determined by Jess.

David Moore

-----Original Message-----
From: rhalsey007 [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2002 9:01 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: JESS: JESS & EJB

Has there been any expression of interest (or any work done) in the
integration of JESS with EJB (J2EE) ??

I have looked through all the JESS V6.0 documentation, but found nothing.

Also, I have conducted multiple searches on the web for JESS and EJB and
found one article on E++ which
mentioned using JESS as a stateless bean.

What has got my interest up is the fact that ZeoSoft is using JESS as the
inference engine for their ZeoFusion
product and this product interfaces with an application server for PDAs !!

http://www.zeosoft.com

Is there any information out there on JESS/EJB ???

Thanks