> What about JESS over J2EE ? Any trials done ?

sorry - myself => nope. I'm currently investigating (for the
past few days) how I can put together JINI-JDMK(JMX), along
with things like JESS.

;; what I understand --from mostly things I've read(<=not
;; meaning "done" here)-- is that as far as the base server
;; architecture is concerned, what applies to JMX also
;; applies to jboss (and also to the new JRun(nozomi)).
;; -- but at a closer look, this statement can be false.

regards,
kenji