Title: RE: JESS: JESS & EJB
I'm curious what type of applications you guys are using the engine for.  We are investigating the JMX route because of the "normal" EJB rules.  For example, how do manage state?  The engine use we are working toward is going to be a run-all-the-time service.  Just because the engine maybe quite for a given time, I can't have the container running around trying to kill it off.  Now, I admit to being a bit under-acquainted with J2EE as a whole, but how else does one use/model the engine? I suppose if your rule base were small enough and a persistent state was not required for long periods of time, things might be more straight forward?  Comments?

James

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2002 2:49 PM
Subject: RE: JESS: JESS & EJB

I've also been using JESS within EJB's for a couple of years now.  Can't say that there is anything special to talk about.  The engine is just another java object aggregated by the bean implementation as usual.  I, however, did maintain the JESS scriptlib.clp file access along with a small number of other .clp files that are read upon initialization.  I had to do nothing special to make JESS work within the EJB environment other than following most of the "normal" EJB rules.  I'm using Weblogic 5.1 and JESS 5.0.

- -Bryan